Sometimes life gets hard: relationships break up; jobs are lost; medical emergencies drain health and energy. If this describes you, the Cabot Food Bank is here to serve you and your family who are in need of assistance. Food is provided from the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, local Butler county agencies, local churches, businesses, and members of our community.
FREE COMMUNITY MEAL: A free meal is offered on each Wednesday night that the Food Bank is open. The meal is served from 5:00-6:00pm and is open to anyone who wants to attend. It is not reserved only for Food Bank guests.
Anyone in need is eligible to receive food according to the following guidelines
RESIDENCY: the Cabot Food Bank serves the residents of Winfield, Buffalo and Clearfield Townships and Saxonburg Borough (if you do not reside in one of these areas, look below for who you should contact). Members of churches supporting the Cabot Food Bank, regardless of residency, may also receive food assistance.
WHAT TO BRING: When coming to the Food Bank for the first time, please bring the following to help us assist you:
- Your Social Security number
- Verification of address (such as your driver’s license or a utility bill)
- Proof of income (a pay stub, etc)
- If you need assistance, it is helpful to us for you to contact the church so that one of our volunteers may speak with you before you arrive.
WHEN: The Food Bank distributes food on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 5:30-7:00pm.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT ON MY FIRST VISIT: Newcomers should plan to arrive at the food bank around 6:30pm. Upon arrival, simply find someone with a clipboard who will ask you to complete some preliminary paperwork. After the paperwork is completed and eligibility is satisfied, the newcomer will be added to the client list and will be called in turn to receive food.
IF YOU DON’T LIVE IN OUR SERVICE AREA, HERE ARE THE OTHER FOOD BANKS SERVING OUR AREA
Lighthouse – 1302 East Cruikshank Road, Butler PA 16002
- Contact – Jason or Ralph – 724-586-5554
- Service area – East Penn; Clinton; Adams; Middlesex Townships; Mars Boro
- Service Times - Every Thursday – 6:00-7:30pm
- Every other Friday – 10:30am-Noon
Loaves and Fishes Food Cupboard (Summit Presbyterian Church CCO Building)
- 650 Saxonburg Road, Butler PA 16002
- Contact – Dorothy or Kay – 724-287-2378
- Service area – South Summit; North Jefferson Townships
- Service times – Last Saturday of month 8:30-10:00am
- Exception for Thanksgiving and Christmas (distribute Saturday before holiday)