Welcome to the Women’s Ministry page of CUMC. We offer several ways for women to become involved with other women/activities.
- Beth Moore Bible Studies: Generally held each fall & spring. Contact Megan Jones @ 724-353-2625 for details & exact dates/times.
- Women’s Book Club: Held in the Library on the 4th Sunday of the month @ Noon. Contact Kathy Wimer, 724-352-1824 for book lists and monthly luncheon & discussion details.
- Secret Sisters: A yearly ministry of prayer, gift giving & remembrances carried on anonymously as each woman involved remembers her “secret sister” throughout the year. It concludes each year with a luncheon as sisters are revealed to one another. Contact Paula Scott for details. 724-360-4025.
- Chick Flick Movie Nights: Generally held every other month, we get together at the church to watch a “chick flick”, munch on snacks and fellowship with each other. Movies that we have watched include old favorites (Casablanca, An Affair to Remember, Gone with the Wind) and newer releases (The Lake House, Letters to Juliet, Leap Year). We have also recently started a Holiday Chick Flick/Christmas Cookie Exchange!
- Christmas in the City: Each year in December we head into Pittsburgh to enjoy some of the city’s various Christmas activities (i.e., CLO’s Musical Christmas Carol, Phipps Conservatory’s Winter Garden)
- Outings: Cultural events, concerts dinners, day trips, etc. are offered throughout the year
- General Bible Studies: Offered in small group settings during the year
- Crafters: Weekly craft gathering of our senior women
Contact Megan Jones @ 724-353-2625