Welcome to the Women’s Ministry page of CUMC. We offer several ways for women to become involved with other women and church activities.
- Women’s Bible Studies: Several small groups studies are running at different times/days throughout the year. Contact Carrie Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org for details & exact dates/times
- Women’s Book Club: Held in the Library on the 4th Sunday of the month @ Noon. Contact Kathy Wimer at 724-352-1824 for book lists and monthly luncheon details
- Secret Sisters: A yearly ministry of prayer, gift giving & remembrances carried on anonymously as each woman involved remembers her “secret sister” throughout the year. Special outings for this group are held throughout the year. It concludes each year with a luncheon as sisters are revealed to one another. Contact Sarah Smith at email@example.com
- Chick Flick Movie Nights: Generally held every other month, we get together at the church to watch a “chick flick”, munch on snacks and fellowship with each other. Movies that we have watched include old favorites (Casablanca, An Affair to Remember, Gone with the Wind) and newer releases (The Lake House, Letters to Juliet, Leap Year). We have also recently started a Holiday Chick Flick/Christmas Cookie Exchange!
- Outings: Cultural events, concerts dinners, day trips, etc. are offered throughout the year
- Ladies Tea: A special tea for ladies of all ages, a time for fun and fellowship
- Simulcasts: Offered spring and fall, as available to the Church
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: Knitters and Crochet are needed! This group meets twice a month to make prayer shawls for our prayer ministry. More information can be found on the Prayer Ministry page
Other special events are offered for the Women of CUMC and the community, watch the newsletter and website for more information
Contact Carrie Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on any of the activities listed above or with any questions/suggestions